Pat Hill, C.M.T.
Certified Massage Therapist
Pat Hill is a 2004 graduate from the National Massage Therapy Institute in Wilmington, DE. Pat specializes in Swedish Massage and uses a variety of techniques specifically designed to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones, and rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart.
Swedish massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes. It increases circulation without increasing heart load. It stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable. Swedish Massage also stimulates the skin and nervous system and soothes the nerves themselves at the same time. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested in a regular program for stress management.
Chiropractic and massage therapy, used in combination, form a powerful healing approach that addresses pain on many levels. While chiropractic restores normal alignment of the spine and joints, massage therapy promotes balance among the interrelated systems of the body; by increasing circulation and lymphatic flow, the body can cleanse itself of toxins that contribute to a wide array of disorders.
The following is a list of benefits of massage therapy:
- Helps relieve stress and aid relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension headaches and eyestrain
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves posture
- Enhances health and nourishment of skin
Well-being and Mental Benefits:
- Improves overall well-being
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor signs of stress and respond appropriately
- Enhance capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies needs for caring-nurturing touch
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Back to the Top